For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Accident Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By Lynnie2 On 2015.11.26 13:31
Well I had my first accident yesterday after 52 years of driving, but I didn't hit any other car or anyone.
I was doing a good deed too by taking the food from our church to the Food Bank in another church where the food bank is located.
When pulling into the parking lot, I didn't see the high sidewalk on the right of me and drove into it.
It damaged the bumper and took a little paint off, so it will cost over $1,000. I am paying it out of pocket as I don't want to waste the one time waiver for fault insurance. God willing I will never need it, but it didn't make sense to have the insurance pay for it and I have to pay the first $500 anyway.
My husband wasn't too upset, but he leaves everything up to me now so didn't even question me about getting it fixed or how. I take thing into my own hands now.........
I had an appointment for servicing the car right after I was at the church so they told me how much the bumper underneath was damaged and gave me a name of a man who fixes cars so I took it to him afterwards. He will do it next week and I need to leave it 2 days.
It could have been worse and it happens to everybody. Have to be more careful..............such is life.......

DISCLAIMER: This website shares news, information, personal opinions, and experiences related to Parkinson's disease and caring for people with Parkinson's. It does not provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. This content is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health providers with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking it because of something you have read on this website and its discussion forum.

© MyParkinsons.org · Published by jAess Media · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Sponsorship Assistance for this website and Forum has been provided by people like you