For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Dental Issues Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By Daybyday On 2017.08.07 15:53
Just found out DH has to have extensive dental work done. Does anyone have suggestions for where to go to get discounted dental work? I think this may have happened because of all the saliva that sits in his mouth constantly. It was only about 1 yr that he didn't go and that was because he is embarrassed that his hand tremors while the hygienist works on his mouth. I can't believe it deteriorated so much! Has about 3 cavities and needs deep scaling on both sides. Thank you for any suggestions. P.s. Has decided to do the DBS surgery next month too. We are pretty nervous about it but it must be done because it probably will help him. It just goes on and on and on and on. Ugh.

By Trusting On 2017.08.14 00:02
You might try calling your senior services office in your area to see if they have advice for you. Also call other dental offices and ask if there is a dental school close by. I've also learned not to be afraid to come out and ask what certain services costs. I saved over $400 on a crown by calling around and the dentist I chose did a good job.

DISCLAIMER: This website shares news, information, personal opinions, and experiences related to Parkinson's disease and caring for people with Parkinson's. It does not provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. This content is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health providers with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking it because of something you have read on this website and its discussion forum.

© MyParkinsons.org · Published by jAess Media · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Sponsorship Assistance for this website and Forum has been provided by people like you