For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Our battle is over... Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By Busymom On 2019.08.12 17:28
One week ago, last Monday Aug 8, my husband lost his battle with Lewy Body Disease/Parkinson's. He fought hard, spent 10 days in hospice, but it was not to be.

The kids and I are taking it one day at a time. It's the little things that get you...going to the grocery store and not needing to buy those things that you always bought him for the last 27 years, like it feels wrong not to grab a box of that oatmeal off the shelf anymore, you feel like you forgot something.

We also find ourselves being constantly caught off guard, it's habit to holler things out like "ASK DADDY WHAT HE WANTS FOR DIN...ner ....oh....gosh..." and the tears start again.

As much as we knew he was sick, you can never really be prepared for the end to come. It came very fast...the bottom dropped out suddenly, one day he was making lunch, then the next day he couldn't stand, then was in excruciating muscle pain, then couldn't talk, then couldn't wake up, bam bam bam, over a few days right in a row. We had no idea it would come that quickly.

And now we are here....in this newly silent house, trying to find a new normal.

By lurkingforacure On 2019.08.12 17:43
Busymom,

My sincere condolences. Thank you for letting us know, and sharing your insight, suggestions, and empathy the past many years. There are not many of us PD caregivers with kids at home, and I always appreciated your posts.

I hope that you and your children are able to find peace in the days ahead, and comfort in having taken such excellent care of him. Hugs, lfac

By Sheridan On 2019.08.12 21:35
So very sorry for your loss. Keeping your family in my prayers.

By LOHENGR1N On 2019.08.13 00:48
My sincere condolences to you and yours on your loss

By Checkmate On 2019.08.13 11:53
I am so sorry to hear the news.
Thinking of you and your family and sending hugs and prayers.

By moonswife On 2019.08.14 08:35
Busymom, I weep for you and your children. Empty place at the table, last piece of every next Birthday cake still uneaten, missed important milestones in life not shared. 10 days in hospice is a lifetime with LewyBody. Only consolation...he is waiting for all of you and seeing people that passed over before he did. Make memories you all can share with him when you meet again.

By jcoff012 On 2019.08.14 12:44
I am sorry to read this, but wanted you to know we all understand your loss. May you find solace knowing you were a great companion and shared a great love. May God grant you peace.

By VioletV On 2019.08.25 13:42
Busymom,

My deepest condolences. You can be comforted by the thorough love you showed him during this long Parkinson's ordeal. I wish you and your children a productive and joyful grieving (grief at the loss, joy at his release and at his love for you and your love for each other).

VV

© MyParkinsons.org · Published by jAess Media · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Sponsorship Assistance for this website and Forum has been provided by by people like you